keskiviikko 2. huhtikuuta 2014

Musing about Dark Souls 2 - part 2

I've killed every boss except the last one. Mainly because I don't want the game to end, but on the other hand there is New Game + waiting, which means new enemy placements and additional loot and enemies. During my first playthrough I even managed to kill Darklurker alone on my first try! Getting to it was harder than what the boss was, but then again, I had Soul Geyser spell with me (with 6 casts, but only needed 3). That awesome albeit a little game breaking spell can be easily farmed at Aldia's Keep, near the second bonfire: area boss is super easy even solo, so after killing it yet again just burn another Bonfire Ascetic and you can loot Soul Geyser again. Stupidly powerful spell, but requires 64 INT unless you use Simpleton's Spice.

I've still been engaging in jolly co-operation a lot. Makes some of those hard to kill bosses much easier except for one tough cookie: the Ancient Dragon. You must meet him, but you don't have to fight him unless you want to. And I wanted. And then I regretted that decision: that s.o.b. can kill any character with one hit, I kid you not. It is the first boss in DS2 I've had serious trouble with (had to respec from STR build to INT build and farm Soul Geyser because of him) and he feels like the first really, really cheap boss in the Souls series. Of course, he is an ancient dragon the size of a few apartment buildings, but still. Took me 28 tries, countless hapless phantoms, a respec and a shit-ton of souls for repairs for Ring of Soul Protection.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti