torstai 17. huhtikuuta 2014

Musing about Dark Souls 2 - part 3

Any of you struggling to defeat the Ancient Dragon? That bastard that can most likely one shot you even in NG+ with his Rain of Fire attack. Well, if you're on NG+, just use Gower's Ring of Protection, which will completely negate his Rain of Fire attack if you have your back towards him. When he flies up in the air, just run away from him, or more precisely, away from the center of the fire blast. If you're on your first playthrough though, dual-wield upgraded Gyrm Greatshield +5 (or more) with at least about 20 stamina, and you can survive his flame attack. You WILL take 2 hits that will drain your stamina completely, but you'll have ample time to regain it and maybe even land a few hits. Or just regain stamina and wait/bait him to use his Fire Breath attack.

I downed him with two AI phantoms (that died in under 30 seconds into the battle) using Gower's Ring of Protection in NG+ this evening. Before that, I wiped many, many times. As my means of attack, I used Soul Geyser and Crystal Soul Spear with items that restocked my spell uses. Last hit was delivered with my trusty Lightning Halberd +10 because I had just ran out of spells and he had one lick of HP left.

On another note, also cleared the whole game again tonight. I didn't go into NG++ yet, because I want to wrap things up before that. Like killing Darklurker, buying necessary upgrades and using boss souls. Only goal on my third playthrough for my main character is to get to Drangleic Castle to buy 3 spells that will allow me to get two trophies I am still missing: Master of Pyromancy and Master of Miracles. 

One NEEDS to grind Bell Keepers ranks up to 2 to get Hidden Weapon spell for the Master of Sorcery trophy. Lucky there's a way to do it offline if one is not up to online PvP. Check it out here.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti